Friday, August 9, 2013

Long Island School Bus Driver Plans to Sue Nassau County

350 Old Country Road, Suite 205, Garden City, NY 11530
877-791-8076 / StoberLaw.com 

School bus driver Michael Asseng, plans to sue Nassau County and police for $10 million over his DWI arrest after he struck a parked vehicle while transporting children to school.

Asseng, 28, claims that he was not intoxicated when the vehicle was hit in January, but sick. Immediately after the accident, Asseng was brought to the precinct. A week after the sideswiping incident, Asseng was brought to the hospital with a near fatal case of blood poisoning. According to the Nassau County District Attorney’s Office, the charges have been dropped.

Asseng reported to Newsday, “I sat in the hospital in tears, worried about going to jail over something I know I didn't do. I think what that police officer did was unacceptable, delaying my medical care. Taking me to that precinct put my life in danger.”

To read further about this case, please CLICK HERE

Let us know your thoughts about this case on our Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment