Thursday, July 26, 2012

Rangers land Rick Nash!


350 Old Country Road, Suite 205, Garden City, NY 11530
877-791-8076 / StoberLaw.com


 Rick Nash known more for his finesse style of play, is now a member of the New York Rangers!

The New York Rangers were in pursuit of Nash for over 5 months and finally acquired him in a block buster trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets Monday afternoon.  The Rangers agreed to give up Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon and their first-round draft pick next year to Columbus for just Nash, who owns very meaningful statistical record in Blue Jackets history.  “It is very exciting. It’ll be fun to come to training camp and see what [line] combinations [head coach John Tortorella] goes with,” Nash said during the half-hour long scrum at his stall. “I looked at the roster. It’s amazing. You can fit anyone in at any spot and it’d be fun to play with them.” 
            
With Gaborik slated to miss the first month of the season as he recuperates from surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder, it seems that Nash will be centered by veteran Brad Richards.  Nash has played both left andright wing in his career so he should be flexible.  “I think it is a big, fast team with some of the wingers — guys like [Mike] Rupp and [Brian] Boyle — they can kind of do it all, play fast, and I think I fit into that,” Nash said. “This is a world class team and [Richards] is a top centerman on any team in the league. It’s exciting.”  

Nash confirmed that when he spoke with Howson last February before the trade deadline, he was told that they were looking to rebuild the franchise.  Nash has spent his entire NHL career on the Blue Jackets and offered that Howson use him to acquire assets.  Howson was unable to procure the kind of return for Nash at the deadline that the executive was demanding.  “I was disappointed,” Nash said about not being moved at the deadline before growing philosophical about the business of hockey. “You look at huge deals and sometimes they get done in a day and sometimes it takes months. I think it was a pretty big trade for both organizations and it had to get done right. I respect that.”  “I always wanted to get it done but I wanted to get it done in the right way,” Nash said about the trade talks continuing into the off-season. “I wanted to play somewhere where I wanted to be and my No. 1 priority was to be here. I’m just happy it worked out and if I had to wait all summer to come here, then I would have.”
            
With the exception of Parise and Suter, going to Minnesota, this is one of the biggest and most talked about trades of the off season.  Nash has been one of the league’s best players for quite some time! It is exciting to see if he will fit in with the rest of the New York Rangers Players! 

Are you a New York Rangers fan? Will you follow Rick Nash on his new NHL journey? Let us know on our Facebook page, linked HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment